We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths)
- Information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including your email address);
information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address)
- Information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use)
- Information that you provide to us when subscribing or using our webinar services
- Information relating to any purchases you make of our services or any other transactions that you enter into through our website (including your name, address, telephone number, email address and card details);
information that you post to our website for publication on the internet (including your user name, your profile pictures and the content of your posts)
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website (including [the communication content and metadata associated with the communication); and
any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
Using Personal Information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer our website and business;
- Personalise our website for you;
- Enable your use of the services available on our website;
- Supply to you services purchased through our website;
- Send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
- Send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- Send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- Send you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- Keep our website secure and prevent fraud; and verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website.
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Disclosing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees and professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. This may include service providers and specialist advisers who have been contracted to provide us with administrative, IT, financial, regulatory, compliance, insurance, research or other services.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your information to brokers with whom we have a mutual relationship.
We may disclose your personal information: to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- Anyone authorised by you
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to other third parties.
International Data Transfers
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in disclosing personal information.
Retaining Personal Information
Safeguarding the privacy of your information is important to us, whether you interact with us personally, by phone, by mail, over the interest or any other electronic device. We hold personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files and other records, and take steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, and modification of disclosure.
When we consider that personal information is no longer needed, we will remove any details that will identify you or we will securely destroy the records.
However, we may need to maintain records for a significant period of time. For example, we are subject to certain anti-money laundering laws, which require us to retain:
- A copy of the documents we used to comply with our customer due diligence obligations; and
- Supporting evidence and records of transactions with you and your relationship with us;
For a period of five years after our business relationship with you has ended.
If we hold any personal information in the form of a recorded communication, by telephone, electronic, in person or otherwise, this information will be held in line with local regulatory requirements which will either be 5 years or 10 years after our business relationship with you has ended.
Where you have opted out of receiving marketing communications we will hold your details on our opt out list so that we know you do not want to receive these communications.
Security of Personal Information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure password and firewall-protected servers.
All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to: the payment of a fee currently fixed at GBP 10; and the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. To do so please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes
Third Party Links
You might find links to third party websites on our Website. These websites should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. You can do this by emailing us at email@example.com.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We use session cookies on our website. The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below: we use session to recognise a computer when a user visits our website, track users as they navigate the website, improve the website’s usability, administer the website, prevent fraud and improve the security of the website, personalise the website for each user, validate authenticated users sessions and to facilitate the use of our website search engine.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer.
Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.